Reduce Mercury Exposure During Dental Amalgam Filling Removal

Research published by the peer-reviewed Journal of Occupational Medicine and Toxicology (JOMT) further validates the known fact that silver filling removal performed without proper safety measures can greatly expose both patients and dental personnel to toxic mercury levels. According to Michael Rehme, DDS, NMD, the president of the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT), amalgam fillings contain approximately 50 percent mercury, a known neurotoxin. Even standard dental practices, such as routine tooth polishing and amalgam filling replacement, can release harmful mercury vapor and filling particles that can be inhaled and ingested.

At the Laguna Hills Center for Sleep Apnea & CPAP Intolerance, Dr. Angham (Ann) Abdulla, DDS is dedicated to applying the best practices in oral healthcare based on a comprehensive, holistic approach to dentistry. She follows the IAOMT’s safe mercury removal technique (SMART) to remove silver amalgam fillings, which greatly reduces mercury exposure during the removal process.

Call (949) 420-9669 today to book a safe amalgam filling removal consultation with Dr. Abdulla.

Contact Us to Book a Consultation

(949) 420-9669

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.